Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 nos Ramdev cloves
- 1 nos Ramdev cinnamon stick
- 2 nos Ramdev green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp Ramdev cumin seeds
- 2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 small green chilies chopped finely (optional)
- 1½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp Ramdev turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Ramdev coriander powder
- ½ tsp Ramdev chilli powder
- 2 small tomatoes, pureed
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets
- ½ tsp Ramdev garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Ramdev Kasoori methi /fenugreek leaves
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan. Add the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom pods and cumin seeds & fry for few seconds until aromatic.
- Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes until golden brown, stirring often. Stir in the ginger and garlic and keep stirring adding salt to taste and the ground spices. Pour in the tomatoes and cook over a medium heat for about 8minutes, then add yoghurt and stir another 2 minutes until the liquid in the pan has dried off and the oil leaves the sides of the mixture.
- Add the chicken and brown over a medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the enough water to almost cover the chicken, bring to the boil and then cook over a low heat until the chicken is cooked through tenderly up to 20-25 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and kasoori methi leaves, give it a good stir and serve with rice or Indian flatbreads of your choice.
Leftover Curry Puffs
- 4 pcs Dev Frozen Roti Parathas
- Chunky Leftovers from vegetarian/non vegetarian curry
- 1 egg whisked
- Grated Cheese/Paneer (optional to add in filling)
- Boiled Green Peas ( optional to add in filling)
- Sesame seeds for topping
1.Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius.
2.Lay the four Parathas on a lightly dusted bench top.
3.Cut the Parathas into half with a knife
4.Fill in the thickened curry chunky (vegetable/ meat/ chicken/tofu) bits onto one side of half cut paratha and fold with remaining fourth half.
5.Seal the sides of the puff gently with your fingertips.
6.Form eight such puffs and lay them on baking sheet covered with baking paper.
7.Brush all the puffs with whisked egg to seal the rotis and sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.
8.Transfer to preheated oven and bake till 20-25 minutes until golden brown as per your liking.
Serve hot with tomato sauce or chutney.