Leftover Curry Puffs
4 pcs Dev Frozen Roti Parathas
Chunky Leftovers from vegetarian/non vegetarian curry
1 egg whisked
Grated Cheese/Paneer (optional to add in filling)
Boiled Green Peas ( optional to add in filling)
Sesame seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Lay the four Parathas on a lightly dusted bench top.
- Cut the Parathas into half with a knife
- Fill in the thickened curry chunky (vegetable/ meat/ chicken/tofu) bits onto one side of half cut paratha and fold with remaining fourth half.
- Seal the sides of the puff gently with your fingertips.
Form eight such puffs and lay them on baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Brush all the puffs with whisked egg to seal the rotis and sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake till 20-25 minutes until golden brown as per your liking.
Serve hot with tomato sauce or chutney.
Nutritious Curried Soy Chunks/Tofu Recipe
2 Cups Uncooked Soy Chunks/Nuggets or Tofu
2 medium Onions, thinly sliced
2 Hot Green Chillies
1 Cup Sliced Bell Peppers/Capsicum
6 Cloves of Garlic, very finely chopped
2 inch Fresh Ginger, Peeled & Grated
1 Cup Tomato Puree
2 Tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala(Available at Indian groceries)
Spring Onions, chopped – for Garnish
Salt to taste
Dev Frozen Roti Parathas to serve
Boil about 4 Cups of water. Add the soy chunks/nuggets to the water. Cover & Soak for about 20 Minutes. Drain and squeeze them well and keep on side for later use or give them one whiz in the food processor to break these into smaller chunks as per your liking.
Heat oil in a wok/pan. Add the Onions, Chilli and Ginger & Garlic. Stir fry at medium heat till the onions are translucent . Now add the bell peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes and then add the tomato puree with Pav bhaji Masala and cook further for 3-4 minutes.
Add the Soy Chunks/Nuggets or tofu if using that & the salt to the pan & toss them around for about 5-7 minutes till the onions kind of coat the nuggets.
Garnish with spring onions and serve hot with Dev range of Frozen Rotis.
Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 nos Ramdev cloves
- 1 nos Ramdev cinnamon stick
- 2 nos Ramdev green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp Ramdev cumin seeds
- 2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 small green chilies chopped finely (optional)
- 1½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp Ramdev turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Ramdev coriander powder
- ½ tsp Ramdev chilli powder
- 2 small tomatoes, pureed
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets
- ½ tsp Ramdev garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Ramdev Kasoori methi /fenugreek leaves
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan. Add the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom pods and cumin seeds & fry for few seconds until aromatic.
- Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes until golden brown, stirring often. Stir in the ginger and garlic and keep stirring adding salt to taste and the ground spices. Pour in the tomatoes and cook over a medium heat for about 8minutes, then add yoghurt and stir another 2 minutes until the liquid in the pan has dried off and the oil leaves the sides of the mixture.
- Add the chicken and brown over a medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the enough water to almost cover the chicken, bring to the boil and then cook over a low heat until the chicken is cooked through tenderly up to 20-25 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and kasoori methi leaves, give it a good stir and serve with rice or Indian flatbreads of your choice.
Vegan Palak Paneer ( Spinach & Tofu Curry) Recipe
2 pkts Vadilal Frozen Palak /Spinach 312 gms
200 gms Tofu cubed
2 medium Onions very finely chopped
1 nos Vadilal Ginger cubes
6 nos Vadilal Garlic cloves
2 nos Vadilal Green chillies
2 small Tomatoes pureed
1 Teaspoon Turmeric
1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
2 Tablespoon Oil
1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
1) Cook frozen Palak/Spinach with 1 cup water and salt in Pressure Cooker for 3 whistles. Release the steam and cool. Alternatively cook the spinach in boiling water in pan or microwave till done.
2) Blend the cooked ingredients into a smooth paste.
3) Saute Tofu cubes in little bit of oil and keep aside as per crispiness required.
4) Heat Oil in the same Wok . Add whole Cumin seeds and allow to crackle. Now add the Onions and sauté till translucent.Add Vadilal frozen Ginger, Garlic & Chilli cubes and cook for few minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric and Red Chilli Powder. Cook till the masala starts leaving oil on sides of the wok.
5) Add the Spinach paste from the blender and thicken it to a curry of consistency of your choice.
6) Add the Garam Masala , Tofu cubes and stir well .
7) Cook further for 5 minutes. Serve hot with your choice of Indian bread.
Quick Okra (Bhindi) Stir Fry
1 pkt Vadilal Frozen Okra Cut (Bhindi) 312 gms
1 large onion quartered and sliced
1 tbsp Amchur/Dry Mango Powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp mustard oil
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add onions and frozen okra with all the spices and cover pan for 7-8 minutes on low heat till all okra is separated.
- Transfer the okra mix to grill and grill on medium flame until you get crispy okra and onions as per your liking.
- Serve hot as a side dish with your choice of Indian breads.